Friday 29 November 2013

"It's the final countdown"

It's been 12 weeks - 3 months!! - since I've been living in Spain now, and although at times it has dragged a little bit, I cannot believe there is only 3 weeks left before Part 1 of my European adventure is over! (I'm not counting January as I'll only be here for exams, eurgh)

If you'd have told me before coming that we'd have a 15 week semester, no half term (sorry, 'reading week') AND not be breaking up until the 19th of December (only 6 DAYS before Christmas!!), I think I might have cried. But I have to say, it hasn't been that bad at all. OK OK, I only have a 3 and a half day week - not exactly hardcore, I know. But more than that is that there's always been something fun to do, whether it's a trip away, a night out or a coffee and cake at my favourite cafe EVER (take a look at:

[You know you go somewhere too often when as soon as you walk in, the waitress knows your coffee order!]

As much as I love it here, I am definitely ready to come home for Christmas now - After 3 months of talking through Skype, I want to be able to actually see my family and friends. I have so many plans for Christmas, I can't wait!

But to think how fast these 12 weeks have gone scares me - it feels like I've spent so long thinking about my year abroad, what with all the planning and decisions to be made, and suddenly here I am, my time in Spain almost at an end! It's CRAZY to think how much has happened in what is, really, a short space of time. The people I've met, the friends I've made ... It's incredible how an experience such as Erasmus can open your eyes to so many things and give you the most amazing opportunities. Before leaving Wales, I didn't know how I was going to cope living in another country - like most people, I thought: "Oh it's only Spain, only a couple of hours away, it's not like I'm going to America or something!" Of course, Spain is completely different to America as for one thing, there's just the tiny issue of having to speak Spanish everyday - there's no getting away with speaking English out here!

But now I know that I CAN DO IT. So time to make the most of these last 3 weeks and prepare myself for Part 2 - Verona. Bring on 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment